Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Earth 2005 A.D.



I recently discovered a drawing I did some years ago (1990s?) of what I thought life would be like in the year 2005 A.D. My prediction was that Earth would be under attack from Space, but it would be OK (sort of) because by then we would have built our own robots to fight the Space Robots.
Sadly, I seem to have got it wrong to a certain degree on this occasion. But don't worry, I'm sure we will get invaded from Space quite soon. The only question is: Is our Robot Army up to scratch?

5 comments:

alexhighrise said...

is this really a drawing? it looks very realistic

baruch said...

I thought the prediction was quite accurate also.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,
We run a prestigious art gallery in London. It contains a lot of paintings but they are all getting a bit old and we are thinking of chucking them out.

We need talented new artists like yourself to do paintings for us. Would you be interested in a job? The starting pay would be about £1 million pounds a painting, or more if it was a big painting.
We have a nice canteen, or you can bring sandwiches if you like.
Please let me know as soon as possible, so we can start clearing a space for you.

Yours faithfully,
Sir Woy Stwong,
Chief Clever Dick,
The Tate Gallery,
London.

Unknown said...

I think your predictions were uncannily accurate. The problem is with reality, for not living up to them.

Where´s the picture of the cat, then? (or did you promise that just to lure me here?)

sb4444 said...

Yes, I have to resort to promising cats to get people to look here.
You could try March though.