Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Chocolate Factory

The Chocolate Factory


Apparently the chocolate factory in Greenbank closed down this week. I thought it had already closed. There is a lot of controversy about what is going to happen to the site. A developer wants to demolish the factory and build, guess what ... loads of flats.

Until recently, it was a real chocolate factory and the whole area would smell of chocolate. They made the Elizabeth Shaw liquers and the boxes used to say made in Greenbank, Bristol on them. Better still, there was a factory shop where you could buy a box of liquers for a pound. I wish I'd kept some of those boxes now. I doubt if we'll see another product made in Greenbank.

Anyway, here's some more views of the chocolate factory -








The next photos were taken a couple of weeks ago and show the chocolate factory from the Bristol-Bath Railway Path ( a cycle/walkway between Bristol and Bath).















I'm really sorry to see it go.

1 comment:

alexhighrise said...

the photograph of the graffiti figure behind the shopping trolley in the doorway is my favourite in this series