Friday, September 01, 2006

September

It's September!!!

I stayed up last night to see in the new month. It doesn't look much different to the old month yet, but time will tell.

The celebrations were rather quiet around our way - just some fireworks and people dancing in the street. Of course, there were a few hotheads shooting guns in the air and setting fire to cars, but they were just a small minority who spoil it for everybody else.

Tradition states that having a dark haired stranger drag a dead horse into your house in the early hours of September 1st will bring good luck for the coming month. Quite frankly, I've always found it to have the opposite effect. But perhaps this month might be an exception.

So all that remains is to wish all our readers a Happy September and, who knows, perhaps I'll think of something to write about in the coming month. Don't hold your breath though.

4 comments:

alexhighrise said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
alexhighrise said...

thanks for reminding me not to hold my breath...it's so easy to forget

baruch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
baruch said...

I agree. In fact, that advice may have saved my life. (Previous deleted comment contained embarrassing spelling mistake)